If you need advice or help on recommendations with places to stay, visit or even places to eat out, we are more than happy to try and point you in the right direction. Please message us for more info on local advice in Merthyr Tydfil and surrounding South Wales valleys – Contact
Before you head off into the mountains, here are a few things you can think of prior your journey:
1. ALWAYS notify someone where you are going and try give a possible time at certain points so you will be able to check in with them, keeping mobile phone signal in mind etc
2. Register your mobile phone with the Emergency SMS Text service
3. Carry ICE info (In Case of Emergency)
4. Download the app WhatThreeWords this can help the emergency locate you within a 3 meter square, anywhere in the world. They are as accurate as GPS co-ordinations.
5. Try to use OS Maps app. This will be more accurate on your location.
6. Having great kit helps however KNOWING how to use the kit is key. Practice this prior using it in the real world.
Knowing your area helps a lot so pre plan in case of emergencies.
These simple things could help save your life or even those with you or who you may stumble across.
Have the correct kit and even some snacks to help you on your way…
…you just never know! Have fun and #BeSafe